Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eat your veggies- My political rant

With all the political hoopla, a verse from my Bible study struck me this morning and I felt like God was giving me a parental talk.

I have found myself in this place of not caring at all about politics and government because it seems to get hateful.

I know it's wrong.

People gave up a lot so I could have a voice and I need to take better advantage of it but it just gets exhausting.

But I think God wants more from me.

1 Peter 2:17(msg) "Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government."

I felt God whispering to me this morning, "Treat everyone you meet with dignity- even those who don't feel as you do. Love your spiritual family(ALL of them) and be completely unselfish. Revere me and nothing else or no one else. Respect the government even if you don't like it. Be a good steward of the freedoms you have been given."

I felt a little bit like a child at the dinner table.

This verse seems to me like a parent telling their kid to eat their vegetables.

It might not taste good and it might not be fun- but you'll be better in the long run for it.

-It takes work to treat everyone with dignity if we strongly disagree with them.

-Loving our spiritual family is easy as long as we never have a different opinion.

-Revering God seems simple until someone or in my case something(s) get in the way.

-Respecting the government sounds nice until you watch the political adds...... or go to the DMV.

Can someone pass the broccoli?





No comments:

Post a Comment