Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Than Birds

Matthew 6:25-27
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life...Look at the birds of the air; Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

I worry a lot. I call anxiety they "a word". This is probably my biggest struggle. Sunday, Andy taught on worry and fear. You can listen to it at: http://www.WellSpringChristian.org/resources/sermons/?sermon_id=126

Andy suggested that when we are overwhelmed with "What If" we trade that in for "What Is" and who God is...

and then we talked a lot about birds...

I never thought about the comparison to the birds. God made a natural order in creation that provides for the birds. God does not leave our lives up to natural order. I believe he is active in our lives. I have to believe that he is eager to help just like a parent.

I am so glad God loves me more than the birds.

So when you are dwelling on "what if", maybe you should give worry the bird?




No comments:

Post a Comment